Thread: Institutions covering up medical malpractice

Institutions covering up medical malpractice

I’m reading about current medical scandals that are so blatant, it’s just ridiculous that these institutions didn’t investigate earlier.

At a well-known and prominent fertility clinic associated with Yale University, a staff nurse was stealing all the pain medication and patients were given placebos. She lied to the patients and told them pain was normal. Some of them experienced excruciating pain that in at least one case, cause her to give up on any further fertility treatment.

https://yaledailynews.com/blog/2022/...s-move-to-sue/

“…Several women were complaining about their pain and … were ignored and dismissed and gaslit,” Kelly Fitzpatrick, the lawyer representing the women, said. “The opioid crisis has been going on for many years now … these medical institutions are supposed to have controls in place that prevent diversion and [Yale] didn’t.”…

And then, an OBGYN physician working for Columbia University hospitals sexually assaulted his patients for years. YEARS! And when one complaint finally led to his arrest, he was back at work the next week. No controls on his behavior. Not even a nurse required to be in the room with him. Unbelievable.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/25/us/ro...ing/index.html

One of the victims of Dr. Robert Hadden was Andrew Yang’s wife, Evelyn. She experienced his abuse and never went back, but she didn’t tell anyone either. And Evelyn Yang’s experience was AFTER he had been arrested, but was back at work.

it is not necessarily the bad actors who earn in my scorn in these stories although certainly they are bad, but criminals are gonna criminal.

It is the systems built around them that support them and allow them to steal drugs, hurt and lie to patients, sexually assault patients, etc. that are the biggest transgressors. These bureaucrats need to be taken down.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 10-2-23 at 4:59pm.

There is a very good podcast on the Robert Hadden scandal and the role Columbia played:
    podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/exposed-cover-up-at-columbia-university/id1704893895

Yppej
    People donated their bodies to Harvard Medical School for research and they were being sold on the black market to people with fetishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    There is a very good podcast on the Robert Hadden scandal and the role Columbia played:
    podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/exposed-cover-up-at-columbia-university/id1704893895
    This is good! I heard a shortened podcast about this, but this one is good, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    People donated their bodies to Harvard Medical School for research and they were being sold on the black market to people with fetishes.
    Yes, that one had caught my attention because Kat's Creepy Creations shop was at the 58 Mills complex on Pulaski St, and I've been there several times to shop at other businesses. In fact, I'm currently sitting at a refurbished desk I bought there.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/...sm3r5GzlHUGMYA

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Yes, that one had caught my attention because Kat's Creepy Creations shop was at the 58 Mills complex on Pulaski St, and I've been there several times to shop at other businesses. In fact, I'm currently sitting at a refurbished desk I bought there.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/...sm3r5GzlHUGMYA
    I didn't realize they were selling them at a brick and mortar. I thought it was on the dark web.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I didn't realize they were selling them at a brick and mortar. I thought it was on the dark web.
    oh weird!

The book “Stiff: curious life of human cadavers” by Mary Roach, talks about medical schools that sell their donated bodies to various enterprises. Those enterprises are legitimate but still, it’s not what the general public knew about when they donated bodies.

Probably the donors envisioned sincere young medical students bending over them, dissecting their innards, when, in fact, their bodies have gone to experimental labs for testing in car crashes, airplane crashes, etc.

Thread Information