Thread: Received ddomain name solicitation for SLN

Received ddomain name solicitation for SLN

I received mail yesterday from "Domain Networks"-- addressed to "Simple Public Policy" at my address.

However, he opened it up and it's a "bill" for annual use of "simplelivingforum.net." ($289). Once you read the fine print, you learn that it's a marketing effort" to leading websites throughout the United States to enhance their website exposure and expose them to new customers through our directory. We are bit a domain registrar and we do not register or renew domain names."

A little creepy, since I am only a member on this forum and not even an administrator. Has anyone else gotten something like this?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I received mail yesterday from "Domain Networks"-- addressed to "Simple Public Policy" at my address.

However, he opened it up and it's a "bill" for annual use of "simplelivingforum.net." ($289). Once you read the fine print, you learn that it's a marketing effort" to leading websites throughout the United States to enhance their website exposure and expose them to new customers through our directory. We are bit a domain registrar and we do not register or renew domain names."

A little creepy, since I am only a member on this forum and not even an administrator. Has anyone else gotten something like this?
    wow. Weird. I will watch my mailbox for something like this.

As an administrator here I get a dozen or more emails daily from bots or scammers using the sites "Contact Us" link, but I've never received a physical mailing from any one or thing relating to this site.
    I'm curious how your home address became linked to the site?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    As an administrator here I get a dozen or more emails daily from bots or scammers using the sites "Contact Us" link, but I've never received a physical mailing from any one or thing relating to this site.
    I'm curious how your home address became linked to the site?
    That's my question, too, Alan, especially since I don't know if I ever changed my address on this site since I moved. Plus it was sent to my POB, which I rarely use.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town

That's my question, too, Alan, especially since I don't know if I ever changed my address on this site since I moved. Plus it was sent to my POB, which I rarely use.
    There are no data fields in the site's user profile section for home address. There is one for 'Location' and yours says Vermont.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    There are no data fields in the site's user profile section for home address. There is one for 'Location' and yours says Vermont.
    OK, then that's really weird.

OK, then that's really weird.
    I think since it came to your pob, you can report it as being scam and maybe that will do something?

Did you used your credit card to make a donation? I have been getting emails from random places we have used our card.

Oh... that's a thought. I think I use PayPal.

Thread Information