Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: new music

okay-----new music by Dua Lipa, which is new to her, but actually a decade older than she is. See? I enjoy two songs credited to her, butperformed by her production team. But yeah---her two recordings I appreciate are retro-80's disco music. One is titled "Levitate", (the one that does not feature a rapper in it), and the mashup that samples one by Elton John. They both were released about 2020. But yeah--I enjoy the compositions. But, not gonna pay $200 or so to see her in concert. Nope.

okay---this isn't new new music, it's several years old, from a moo-vee soundtrack. it prolly sounds REAL good on the sound system in a moo-vee theater; the blutooth headphones i use with my iPhone make it sound good enough. It's a rather short tune called "Jacob and the stone", and some guy about 38 years old composed it. Don't know if he used electronica or a real symphony orchestra; it sounds like the former. it's on youtube. it really shoulda be worked into a longer composition, with the same theme. but yeah---it's very moody and gothic sounding.

okay----did you kids look up melle baby on the net? See---she has a lot o' stuff, some of it is short guitar riffs, some is her own, but what i appreciate is songs she covers that i did not appreciate by the original artists--mainly post-grunge groups. She is versatile, and has a rangey voice, & very precise. Plus, a very competent guitar player. i'm not sure what the deal with her is; maybe just independent & willing to be a cog or what. But very, very talented.

Thread Information