Thread: Hi it is Danna here reintroducing myself

Hi it is Danna here reintroducing myself

I believe I have been a member since 2010.
    Didn't post a lot but was here almost everyday to read.

I am not sure how long it has been since I was here but,
    feel the need to come back.

I am a retired with two adult children and 3 adult grandchildren.
    Married in my teens and had a busy mostly happy life with my DH,
    till he past almost 13 years ago.
    Both my sisters and several friends have past in the last 9 years.
    Of course age has brought some health issues.

I think we have had discussions on here about families house sharing and
    my daughter, one Dgrandson were renting part of my house.

So I made the decision post Covid to sell the house and move to an apartment
    but that left us in two apartments at the crazy pricing these days.

So last year we decided to move cities to live in the same city as my son and
    his family. A wonderful decision to have all my family in one city! Yeah! I love it.
    And, my daughter, grandson and I are renting one large new house for way less
    then the rent on 2 apartments. We were unsure about sharing a kitchen...lol...but,
    it has been fine.

So that is it for now.
    How are all of you doing?

Hi Danna, your screen name does seem familiar. Glad you're back!

Your journey is interesting in the context of our times. I sure know what you're referring to with the housing prices, sheesh.

I never thought I would live anywhere but SW Washington where I grew up and lived most all my adult life, but I did move last year. My daughter and her family moved up on the Kitsap Peninsula (kind of across the Puget Sound from the Seattle area) so we moved to a small city at the bottom of Hood's Canal about 1-1/2 hr away so I could be close enough to be helpful with kids, but not so far north that we could not afford to live. Plus I had retired. Plus Clark County was booming and along with that more traffic, more crime, more everything.

We love it here. I live in a wooded area, very quiet, deer out back. The townfolk are so much more friendly here. Who knew? Who knows where life is going to take us?
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Kay glad you are happy with your move. It really is so good to be near family as we get older
    and nice to be near to help them too.
    I look forward to being back on this forum now that my life has settled down!

Welcome back, Danna! I remember you well; you were always a big contributor to the frugal threads. It's great to have you with us again!

Hi Danna, welcome back! Your living situation sounds perfect, and how lovely to be near all the family! We are near one set of grandchildren, although I'd like to be even nearer, but having family in your life is very precious. I think it's great you are making a success of multi-generational living, and kind of think I'd like to do that, too, but it's not the time yet, maybe someday.

Hi, danna! Welcome back! So good to hear from you--thanks for filling us in on what's been happening in your life.

I also moved to be closer to three of my kids; unfotunately Wes left one behind in NJ but he and his boys come up to visit frequently. I'm glad you are happy with your situation--it sounds great!

DH and I also did The Purge, and now live in a small house up here in VT and the kids and grandkids come up very frequently--almost every weekend--to visit, so we feel very lucky. We also definitely made right move.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Glad to see all the familiar names!
    Yes, I am still very interested in trying to live a frugal life
    that doesn't take to much from the Earth!
    There was a whole lot of purging going on to make doing
    two moves doable!
    And, very glad to have it done it certainly makes life easier!

I, too, recognize the name. Nice to see you back. I love how your story has ended up so far. Hoping for as much success when I retire - in about 6 months! Want to move but still be near family. Seems impossible in my current area, but we'll see.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information