Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Packard coming back

okay---update on my VERY solid 58 Packard Project. See---the elderly gentleman who owned it for many years evidently crashed it into stationary objects before he stopped driving it. The front fender extensions, which are made of fiberglass were damaged, especially the right-side one. i was preparing to patch them up & reuse them, but guess what? i found a nearly-perfect set of used ones on ebay for just $25 plus shipping. so, that will be a better way to refurbish my SOLID old car, of which only 2000 were made. Yup. So yeah---i have a nos steering weel, nice used gauge lenses, nice bumpers, have straightened out the curbed fron lower valance & grille, etc. one major hurdle is an upholstery job. i believe i can do the door panels & headliner & carpet & dash cover; but prolly will require perfessional help on the seats.. Hope that helps you some.

okay------here's some old Packard parts I bought offa EBay.(see photo). But yeah----these pieces are scarce, especially in good shape. see----they were only used on a total of 1,875 cars. 1958 only--before anya you kids were even born. Yup. hope that helps you some. thankk mee.2024-09-15 (3).jpg

okay----I know you kids couldn't care less about anything IMPORTANT, but guess what? Packard was about the first brand o' car ta offer Posi. Yup. Not Subbaroo, not Toyoda, not Volvo, not 'Cedes. Nope. It was Packard. Just about every 58 Packard has Posi; maybe every 58 Packard has Posi, unless someone took it out to put 'er in another Studebaker-Packard. But yeah---it even says posi on the trunk lid---"TT"---which signifys posi. AFAIK, no other brand put an emblem signifying posi on the outside of their car, besides S-P, though I know for a fact that in '58, chevy put a posi emblem on the dashboard, on cars so equipped. I have posi in one o' my 55 chevys, but it came out of a 64 chevvy. So, anyway---i put a posi in both o' my vans, too. And a posi in my 77 Chevy Pickup. And i just acquired a posi unit for a 7.5 GM, but haven't decided which car to put it in. Will update you on this situation. But yeah----posi. Gotta have it. My 17-year-old cheap economy car i got from the wreckin' yard 7 years ago, DOES NOT HAVE POSI. Mosta the time, that's OK. But let it snow and get mushy and muddy in the side yard, and should I be tryin' ta drive in and out, again----you may have a lotta, lotta trouble without posi. Ask me how I know. More on this, later.

Thread Information