Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast

Thread: Let the debate begin?

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Can you clarify, confused here:
    Do you mean Dave would not sling mud or Donald Trump would not sling mud? Did you mean Ramsey has not interviewed KH because the Harris campaign has not agreed?

you are right, the Harris campaign has NOT agreed to an interview. I fixed my post.

Dave does not want Trump slinging on at the other side. That is something I’m going to look for in this interview, how will Dave Ramsey stop that from happening?

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I watched the whole thing, too. Right away, I saw that Waltz was not comfortable up there, at least for the first couple of questions. He looked nervous, and he frequently paused momentarily as if he were searching for the right word.. OTOH, Vance was the debate club king. He was very polished in terms of delivery.

However, Walz got increasing comfortable, but still did less well than Vance in terms of debate "points"--Pundits are saying that he really came into his own with the direct question: Do you think Trump lost the 2020 election? and when Vance danced around it, Waltz said, "Well, that's a damning non-answer." If he had started the debate with that posture, I think the debate performance between the two would have been much more even, or Walz could have won it, given the number of lies and mischaracterizations Vance was spewing.

That's my take.

On a related note, while I was watching, I recalled that both of these men are "one heartbeat away" from being President (depending upon who wins, of course). I'm not sure I'm totally comfortable with either one being President--neither has enough experience or authority. But I imagine J.D. Vance is more vulnerable to actually being in that position than Walz is.
    I heard the VP debate described as “shockingly polite and substantive”.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I heard the VP debate described as “shockingly polite and substantive”.
    Absolutely. How many times did I hear "I actually agree with Senator Vance, but.." and "I think Tim and I share common ground here but.." They pledged support for each other when personal experiences come up, and they shook hands with congenial taps on the shoulders and elbows.

It was shockingly respectful, and from a policy perspective, yes, much, much more substantive than theh presidential debate in the past. Some called it "boring" for that reason, but I'll take boring after being incredibly anxious throughout most of the other debates I've seen lately.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Dave Ramsey has an interview out with President Trump. Dave was adamant they would not sling mud at the other candidates as he wants to talk about policy issues especially the economy. So I will probably listen to that. Ramsey has not interviewed Kamala Harris because the Harris campaign has ot agreed to an interview.
    I see Trump has pulled out of an interview with 60 minutes and has turned down another debate. It might be best for him to keep a low profile.

I'd be interested in hearing how Trump will reduce the national debt. It wasn't exactly his strong point last time around.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

IMO.... the majority of questions answered by Vance were related to immigration. EVERYTHING, according to him, is because of the immigration problem. When asked if trump lost the election his comment was to look to the future. Would not answer the question. Hasn't he only been a senator for 2 years? His lack of experience would definitely be a major problem if the aged trump is dead or more infirmed.

I was worried about Walz but think he did better than expected. He, at least, tried to answer the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    IMO.... the majority of questions answered by Vance were related to immigration. EVERYTHING, according to him, is because of the immigration problem. When asked if trump lost the election his comment was to look to the future. Would not answer the question. Hasn't he only been a senator for 2 years? His lack of experience would definitely be a major problem if the aged trump is dead or more infirmed.

I was worried about Walz but think he did better than expected. He, at least, tried to answer the questions.
    Barak Obama was a U.S. senator for only 3 years before he became President.Does one more year make all the difference?

Barak Obama was a U.S. senator for only 3 years before he became President.Does one more year make all the difference?
    Barack Obama was 47 years old when he assumed office, 7 years older than Vance is now. Plus he had more political experience in general--he worked within the system of community organizing and state legislature since he left law school. He think he had more political maturity than Vance.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town

I can't believe Dave Ramsey is interviewing Trump! What platform? I'd actually watch that.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I can't believe Dave Ramsey is interviewing Trump! What platform? I'd actually watch that.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UD0ZOogTW5w

is playing on Ramsey channels wherever you get the Ramsey show. I watch it on YouTube, I also listen on Spotify

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UD0ZOogTW5w

is playing on Ramsey channels wherever you get the Ramsey show. I watch it on YouTube, I also listen on Spotify
    I watched it.. I almost turned it off when he started talking "drill, baby, drill" but I was committed to watching it with an open mind.. I don't know why, frankly.. I knew Dave would be a big fan. He's very conservative, and very Republican, so the tenor was as if he had invited the minister to lunch. Very friendly, and less than half of the the time devoted to policy. The rest was general friendly conversation about golf courses (Trump's course in Scotland) and the evils of drugs, alcohol and cigarettes. I know you know what it was about, IL. I providing a synopsis for others.

Thread Information