Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Really nice holiday events in Hermann

okay-----Well, guess what? I was just informed that they had the Hermannstiva event, there in Herman, Zurra. Well, Iwoulda gone, had I: a) known bv) had my Aspire licensed and insured. But yeah--an Aspire---I've had one for over twenty years and bought at the wreckin' yard and drove--just D R O V E over 100,000 miles-----is really a second-design Festiva. Yup. So yeah---if they have the event next year in Herman, of course I will go. Sure will. Hope that helps you kids some.

What is Hermannstiva?

there was a harvest festival today if that’s what you mean.

We are all happy that you didn’t come, we wouldn’t want you to strain yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    What is Hermannstiva?

there was a harvest festival today if that’s what you mean.

We are all happy that you didn’t come, we wouldn’t want you to strain yourself.
    okay----Ha. Thanks for the pimpish remark. I'll bet Hermanstiva was Ahhh-summ & ah-may-zeen. Yup. But anyway---the Hermanstiva was mentioned on the Aspire owners group on F-book. See----(since you obviously don't know this, since they don't cover important stuff on Downtown Alley or whatever on Tee-vee), is that first Ford marketed a non-Ford but badged Ford made inKorea called the Festiva. Actialla, they marketed a Fiesta before that, but after the Festiva came the new, improved Aspire. They were a very very cheep and unimpressive car. non-prestige. Owners didn't even wave at each other. nope. But now, they're classics. Yup. See? Anyway, they are very, very, similar. I guess that a Festiva club held a small show up there in that little bitty burg up there. But yeah---if I'da known, i mighta drove up there. I have lots of parts for Aspires, I really do. Yup. Thankk mee. edited to add: photo of HermanStiva. Note that there's an Aspire in the photo, too.2024-09-29 (4).jpg
    Last edited by littlebittybobby; 9-29-24 at 2:47pm.

This will make bobby unreasonably upset, but today our car club had a wee caravan event. We drove through the parking lot and driveway area of our local senior citizen’s home. It was a gorgeous fall day and the seniors were sitting outside taking in the car parade and we all waved to each ither as we made 2 turns through the route. Then we parked and socialized. They gave us cookies.

The car club is one of the important social institutions in Hermann.

This Friday DH is driving 2 of the Homecoming Queen’s court in his convertible during the Homecoming parade.

Ah, small towns, ya gotta love ‘em.

IMG_5515.jpgIMG_5517.jpgIMG_5516.jpg

They have such car shows, off and on throughout the summer, down the main street of the little town one of my siblings lives in. We'll go over every now and then just to walk around and look at everything. It's a nice way to spend an evening.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Ah, small towns, ya gotta love ‘em.
    True! I happen to enjoy car shows--from the purely historical and design perspective. They tell such a story. So cool that your DH gets to drive in the parade! Would that be the Trump-bump car?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    True! I happen to enjoy car shows--from the purely historical and design perspective. They tell such a story. So cool that your DH gets to drive in the parade! Would that be the Trump-bump car?
    It is his gold 1979 Mercedes Benz.

I don’t know what a Trump bump car is. (edited to add: oh wait…no, DH bought this car 20 years ago, long before Donald Trump was President.)
    Last edited by iris lilies; 10-2-24 at 1:46pm.

It is his gold 1979 Mercedes Benz.

I don’t know what a Trump bump car is. (edited to add: oh wait…no, DH bought this car 20 years ago, long before Donald Trump was President.)
    I thought you bought a sporty little car, and said that you bought it with the bump in your investments during the Trump administration. You called it the Trump bump, or am I wrong?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I thought you bought a sporty little car, and said that you bought it with the bump in your investments during the Trump administration. You called it the Trump bump, or am I wrong?
    oh, that would be *MY* red car. yes!

DH and I have separate convertibles. We are fancy car people.

Here is DH in the Homecoming parade driving Homecoming Royalty. The parade was a full 3 blocks long full of town organizations, cheerleaders, football team, all,sports teams, parent and alumni organizations, fire Dept vehicles, vehicles and etc

DH shared that his car did fine n this parade “since it can only go 25 miles per hour” because it cannot go out of 1st gear. He has been tinkering with it for some weeks and it may be time to call in the big guns.

IMG_7177.jpg

Thread Information