Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: What are you reading in 2024?

"The Demon of Unrest" by Erik Larson. A historical account of the events leading up to succession and Civil War, woven around the story of Fort Sumter. I've read other books by Larson and he has a way of making history read a bit more like a novel than dry history without being too simplistic. The introduction compares the historical account of a divided nation to modern times, which seems like an overstatement, but some similarities were there.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    "The Demon of Unrest" by Erik Larson. A historical account of the events leading up to succession and Civil War, woven around the story of Fort Sumter. I've read other books by Larson and he has a way of making history read a bit more like a novel than dry history without being too simplistic. The introduction compares the historical account of a divided nation to modern times, which seems like an overstatement, but some similarities were there.
    I read this a few months back. Enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I really loved Isaac's Storm by Larson. I haven't read any of the others.

Thread Information