Thread: October purge

October purge

Decorated the inside for Halloween and got a small declutter pile. Set of orange lights that don't work. A small pumpkin that wasn't used in Fall or Halloween decorating. Part of a tiered tray decor stand that broke when I was trying to separate it.

I'm declaring the yard sale yesterday a success! Got rid of more than I thought I would, made a little bit of money and have about 5 items out of the Magic Sidewalk that I just don't want back in the house! Hopefully they will be gone by the end of the day.

Edited to add: End of day and everything has been taken from the Magic Sidewalk!
    Last edited by happystuff; 10-6-24 at 6:27pm.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Going to drop off in the Free Box:

Old slippers - I got new ones with the birthday money my Mom gave me
    Old Black Leggings - still fairly decent if one wears a shirt that hangs below the bottom, as they are a little thin-looking in the seat area. I replaced them with new ones using the rest of my birthday money
    More little glass jars - someone around here likes them because they are always gone when I stop by the Free Box
    New bar of Dial Anti-Bacterial Soap - I don't like the smell at all but had to buy a package of three to use before a surgery. Why can't you just buy one bar anymore?
    Oxo Sink Strainer - I like these but they somehow "wear-out" after a while and if you hit the little twisty handle wrong while doing the dishes, it lets all the suds and water drain out which is very annoying when you live in the desert and water is a precious resource.

Such is the excitment of my day, a walk down the road to the Free Box. I'm still very much still in the healing process and am not doing a whole helluva a lot these days. Heavy yard work is still not possible, I can only clean maybe one room at a time and I certainly can't silversmith or play guitar...

Thread Information