Page 432 of 432 FirstFirst ... 332382422430431432
Results 4,311 to 4,320 of 4320

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

About a month ago, I had to replace my windshield due to two cracks that were starting to spread. Yesterday, my new windshield took a direct hit and cracked. UGH!!! Luckily it's on the passenger side so it will be awhile before I feel the need to get it fixed. I will be so happy come January when I will have my 30 years in and qualify for a pension so I can start looking for a job closer to home and never have to drive on I495 again.

That pension will be worth it. Hang in there!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    That pension will be worth it. Hang in there!
    I am but it's a daily struggle. I am really hoping to stay at the same place but just move to a different section. Would still have to make the long commute but I won't be in the toxic work environment I am now (of course I thought the last time when I switched sections back in 2017 and it soon got just as bad as the last one). Plus the longer I stay, the more my pension will be. I honestly don't mind the commute but not having such a long commute would be nice too.

9/11

Never forget and never, ever forgive.

I might have to do jury duty next month. I am really hoping working for the Police disqualifies me quickly.

Sooooooo sick of lies & misinformation...the internet will be the downfall of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    Sooooooo sick of lies & misinformation...the internet will be the downfall of humanity.
    I'm with you on this one. Some of the crap I'm seeing posted about the hurricane just boggles the mind.

I’m sick of the whining from FL people about another hurricane coming their way (Milton). You chose to live there. Don’t like the storms, MOVE!

I get that you like the weather, but you’re stupid if you think the rest of us are going to keep paying for your disaster relief or feds pay for mitigation measures.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I’m sick of the whining from FL people about another hurricane coming their way (Milton). You chose to live there. Don’t like the storms, MOVE!

I get that you like the weather, but you’re stupid if you think the rest of us are going to keep paying for your disaster relief or feds pay for mitigation measures.
    It's hard to move when you've been somewhere a long time or have family a certain place. On the other hand, people who actually move there, like to retire in The Villages or whatever, may regret the choice. I'd think insurance will be a financial obstacle or people will need to self insure, if it's not already that way. I have friends who moved there for retirement a couple of years ago and I tried subtly to express some worries to them. I think there are still some people who are still stuck in "there is a no climate change" mentality.

News was saying that less than 10% of the population in Ashville have flood insurance and FEMA only pays a mere pittance of what would be needed to fully recover.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    It's hard to move when you've been somewhere a long time or have family a certain place. On the other hand, people who actually move there, like to retire in The Villages or whatever, may regret the choice. I'd think insurance will be a financial obstacle or people will need to self insure, if it's not already that way. I have friends who moved there for retirement a couple of years ago and I tried subtly to express some worries to them. I think there are still some people who are still stuck in "there is a no climate change" mentality.

News was saying that less than 10% of the population in Ashville have flood insurance and FEMA only pays a mere pittance of what would be needed to fully recover.
    I know plenty of people who retired to FL or moved down in the last five years or so. I’ve been seeing older people I know say on FB that they will have to sell because they can no longer afford even their homeowners insurance. Lots of these folks are very close to the water and near Tampa.

Thread Information