Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: old music

Apologies in advance for those I might offend, but DH somehow discovered this yesterday (he has very eclectic taste) and I thought it was the best thing EVER!

https://youtu.be/mkMJKqG_SDw?si=b21YFLWIiIzujlhr

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Apologies in advance for those I might offend, but DH somehow discovered this yesterday (he has very eclectic taste) and I thought it was the best thing EVER!

https://youtu.be/mkMJKqG_SDw?si=b21YFLWIiIzujlhr
    okay------THAT is one of THE most wonderful songs I have ever heard! But yeah---if only they'da sampled the Mop-topped foursome from Beatpool in jolly olde England by preceding the poignant phrase "that looks fxxxing ugly, baby" with a round of "Yeah, yeah, yeahs", why---it would be even better. Yup. Hopefully, that group will be selling tickicks to their show up there in KC, so I can get me one. I know they won't be comin' here, because we are too ray-ciss. Yup.

okay----this is old; older'n you kids prolly. over 50 years! Yup. But anyway--I heard a song in the grocery store, and of course it was by the late Helen Reddy. Well, mosta her songs had lyrics of a libberistic-type themes, so I usually did not pay much attentionb to her, back then. But this one was not a libber song, but one she covered, called: "Peaceful", by Kenny Rankin. Well, I put on my headphones and listened to the Reddy & Rankin renditions and come to find out there was also one each by Bobby Gentry AND a guy named Georgie Fame. Both prior to the Helen Reddy version. I think the Georgie Fame version was prolly filler material for an album, no less. . But, it ties with hers for most-listenable. You also may've heard Georgie singing
    "The Ballad of Bonnie and Clyde", which got lots of radio airplay in 1968. So there's that.
    Last edited by littlebittybobby; 10-6-24 at 8:13pm.

Thread Information