Thread: Doomsday prepping community

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar

Doomsday prepping community

After the storms this year, I happened across a Facebook post aimed at people who think the end is coming. Quite interesting but you would have to be in excellent mental health to survive such closeness and being closed in for extended amounts of time.

https://www.terravivos.com/vivosxpoint.php

I would imagine it would be like survivor, where you get voted off the island. It would certainly test my sanity.

Interesting! Sort of the opposite of a cute small house. I wonder what one's neighbors would be like.

I agree - interesting. The one thing I usually think of with these types of underground "fortresses" is that - the easiest way to evict people is to disable their air vents on the surface. Also not sure the HOA fee is worth it at over $1000.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

A Swiss cousin owns a bunker in the mountains of Switzerland. I suppose he will survive in an unhappy event.

The place could use some trees. I guess the owners are on their own for water, power and sewage disposal. I’ve occasionally entertained a fantasy of living in an abandoned missile silo. They are much more expensive.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

I decided to “doomsday prep” by moving to a sorta-remote rural island that still had a functioning community, ~25 years ago.

For most of the “doomsday” scenarios, I think working together with friends and neighbors is the way to go. I mean, sure, there’s this fantasy of lone-survivalist-against-the-apocalypse, but we are a social species, and we need others to survive and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I decided to “doomsday prep” by moving to a sorta-remote rural island that still had a functioning community, ~25 years ago.

For most of the “doomsday” scenarios, I think working together with friends and neighbors is the way to go. I mean, sure, there’s this fantasy of lone-survivalist-against-the-apocalypse, but we are a social species, and we need others to survive and prosper.
    what is going on with your move to the UK?

At one time I (thought I would) give my right arm to live there, but now, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    what is going on with your move to the UK?

At one time I (thought I would) give my right arm to live there, but now, not so much.
    That’s still a solid Plan B. Gotta have options.

Thread Information