Thread: Fall Challenge 2024

Fall Challenge 2024

2024 is moving very fast. Sorry it took so long to make this post, work has been busy.

The leaves are turning in my area, and the pollen count is really high. Parts of the harvest are coming in and soon is Halloween.

Here's my Fall list
    Fall trip
    Finish scarf 60% done
    Finish trunk quilt 4 of 5 done, need to assemble the last one
    Start cardigan
    Organize hats and mittens for donations
    Pull out and air out duvet
    Out away Summer clothes and pull out Winter clothes?
    Start patch quilts for nieces
    Halloween haunted house

Going to be a busy fall. Some of these will be longer projects. The patch quilts are going to the nieces. Mom bought a patch as a cheap souvenir for her travels, so she has 60+ years of patches. Due to illness and other reasons my parents decided to stop most traveling other than trips to see offspring or the odd trip to Las Vegas. I took her collection of patches and said I would do something with it, and it's a surprise. Going to make 3 quilts and use the patches to decorate them. Currently trying to match each sister to the school trip mom chaperoned. Have the family trips and my mom chaperoned field trips separated. Hoping to give them at Christmas next year.

Hana: those patch quilts sound like they will be such wonderful, meaningful gifts! Would love to see pics when they are done, if you are inclined to share.

My list for the fall isn't going to be too extensive, because making and preparing for two craft fairs is pretty time consuming. I think other more interesting home projects will have to wait until winter.
    • Prepare/participate in craft fair on 10/19
    • Prepare/participate in craft fair on 12/7
    • Semi-annual closet cleanout/rotation
    • Seasonal miscellany: hammock, container plants, hoses, storm door panels, fountain, put up indoor fairy lights, clean/store fans
    • Review and cull book collection

Yesterday, we spent a few hours pulling out all the pottery from the cellar, looking it over, pricing it, and packing it in a more organized manner. We are pricing things pretty cheap because we're really eager to get a lot of this stuff out of the house. There's no way we'll sell it all at this little fair, so the work helps to better position us for the December fair as well.

Thread Information