Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Enough

Man Enough

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...er/ar-AA1s75BB

Apparently the Harris people felt the need to inject a little testosterone into the campaign. I’m not sure this was the way to do it. To me, at least, the most obvious disqualification for badass status is insisting to everybody what a badass you are.

I also cringed a bit when Mr Obama left Martha’s Vineyard long enough to scold “the brothers” about their insufficient support for Harris. He said “I have a problem with that”.

At first, in the first seconds, it has the tone of a Babylon Bee ad. It is kind of bold, kind of…wtf. I do think it is out of the box, though, and maybe they deserve credit for that? Having not your typical political ad is a nice change even if it is weird.

I can see how being a male person it seems insulting that all of those real men who support Kamala are better than the other, lesser men who do not support her because she is a woman.

Since the Democratic Party now prioritizes race, gender and sexual preference above all else, they probably can't grok that men are not put off by Harris being a woman, they're put off by the fact that she's Kamala Harris.

The other day I got a kick out of the media event the Harris campaign arranged showing Tim Walz hunting. It appears they took him to the nearest Cabela's and outfitted him in the latest Elmer Fudd inspired hunting apparel before the cameras followed him into a field where he had difficulty loading his shotgun. Rather than making him look manly, it seemed more like cosplay to me.

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

The real manly test would be if he could hit anything. Maybe they stocked the field with slow pheasants.

A "real man" like Eric Trump and Donald Jr. would shoot trophy lions and tigers in Africa with a guide,
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

see-----you kids see how dumb these fanaticrats are acting; it is analogous to those touristy types(mostly old fogeys) I criticize for wasting time/money/other resources on "travel" and also tickicks to see stuff in huge arenas. Yup. It's all so faux. Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    At first, in the first seconds, it has the tone of a Babylon Bee ad. It is kind of bold, kind of…wtf. I do think it is out of the box, though, and maybe they deserve credit for that? Having not your typical political ad is a nice change even if it is weird.

I can see how being a male person it seems insulting that all of those real men who support Kamala are better than the other, lesser men who do not support her because she is a woman.
    We’re thinking alike today. I thought the same thing at first too. Maybe some provocateur’s idea of an October Surprise. It put me in mind of Pajama Boy or Bud Lite as a propaganda misfire.

Now the jokes and japes are flowing fast:

“I’m man enough to make breakfast for the guy sleeping with my wife”.

“I’m man enough to drink my sloe gin fizz in a dirty glass”.

“I’m man enough to bedazzle my hard hat”.

“I’m man enough to sing show tunes in my foxhole”.

I don’t think the ad is achieving the desired result.

What is with all the hyper-masculinity lately? Little bitty men in giant black pickups.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    What is with all the hyper-masculinity lately? Little bitty men in giant black pickups.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    In many cases it's someone with a 5th wheel camper or a contractor or farmer needing the means to tow equipment, keeping in mind that they need a vehicle capable of a sizable payload and a much more sizable towing capacity.

I just had to replace my standard half ton pickup with a larger, heavy duty truck as my light duty one could not safely support either the payload or towing requirements for a new camper. Of course, I don't usually tow anything while going to the grocery store or to run across town to visit my daughter so anyone observing me on the road may wonder what a little old man like me needs with such a big monstrosity. The answer is, well, because I do.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Funny I just heard my current favorite conservative Konstantin Kisin talk about how masculinity is defined. He’s quite secure in his masculinity, even though he doesn’t have a lot of muscles. he did not mention anything about the necessity of voting for Kamala.

Thread Information