Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Peaceful Transfer of Power: Presidential Election 2024?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Politico had a recent article called, "The very real scenario where Trump loses and takes power anyway". They point out that if he losses he faces a lifetime of legal charges, but if he take power, they go away. I see it as highly likely, as he will be desperate.

They detail several ways this might happen and several seem plausible, for example,

"He will deepen distrust in the election results by making unsupported or hyperbolic claims of widespread voter fraud and mounting longshot lawsuits challenging enough ballots to flip the outcome in key states", or "He will call on allies in GOP-controlled swing-state legislatures to appoint “alternate” presidential electors."

Politico now requires some sort of registration and login which I'm just now trying. Apparently there is no charge to access that I've seen.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/10/20/trump-overturn-2024-election-plan-00184103
    The great predictive powers of Politico have Trump doing what he has been doing for the past several years. Brilliant.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I'm not expecting anything of consequence in my little corner of suburbia. I'm probably ok with various supply chain issues for at least a few weeks, although utilities could be troublesome. I am hardly a prepper.

EDIT to add... there is a noticeable dearth of the usual campaign yard signs, both local and presidential, around my neighborhood. I've wondered if people are afraid of some sort of reprisal from what ever the opposite side is. That's a little concerning.
    OMG I've noticed this, too. Hardly any signs out in the neighborhood even though it's deep dark blue. Interestingly enough the only sign out is from our transplants from Wichita KS, I posted about a few years back now sporting a Harris/Walz sign in their rented yard. Rob

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    but why only for a few days? What is that going to do?
    I believe violence from the Far Right may start the evening of 11/5 should Harris win. It's good to be out of the country to guage the scope of potential upcoming instability/insanity. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    The great predictive powers of Politico have Trump doing what he has been doing for the past several years. Brilliant.
    heck, I wished I'd have thought of it before, too. I suppose everyone knows that his respect for the constitution is miniscule.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Thread Information