Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Safety November 5th

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Safety November 5th

SO and I will be on vacation in Nogales, MX November 3rd through November 10th as a safety precaution and just to get out of the US Election Insanity. Are you making any safety plans for the Election? Rob

PS I will also have glasses made and see the dentist. And pick up the skin cream Salma Hayek uses - much cheaper across the border. Rob

Give my regards to the Sinaloa Cartel.

If I did anything, I’d carry my pistol, which I’ve not done much lately. I have my carry permit, but in the NW burbs of Chicago, doubt anything will happen.

Guess it depends where you live?

I think the likelihood of violence is greatest a week or so after a Trump win. It won't happen immediately because recent history has shown us that it will take some time for some of the blue states to count votes and search high and low for additional ballots in warehouses and trunks of cars.

If, after that is completed and Trump has still won I'd be concerned that a sizable portion of the population will reach a crisis state as terminal TDS sets in and mostly peaceful mass destruction begins in cities on the coasts and upper midwest.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Would that be a real trump win or a 2020 like trump win?

I think there will be a big tussle who ever wins and we won’t know the final outcome for days or weeks.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Would that be a real trump win or a 2020 like trump win?

I think there will be a big tussle who ever wins and we won’t know the final outcome for days or weeks.
    I remember the days of the Bush-Gore election. Those were exciting times! Remember hanging chads?? We were traveling down to Texas for Thanksgiving to visit my mother and we took a slight detour to go through Austin to go by the governor’s mansion. GW Bush was still residing there. It was exciting to be milling around with all the major news organizations that had tents set up, waiting for any useful soundbite. We were told that GW Bush would come out every so often and talk to the news folks. We did not see him when we were there, though.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I remember the days of the Bush-Gore election. Those were exciting times! Remember hanging chads?? We were traveling down to Texas for Thanksgiving to visit my mother and we took a slight detour to go through Austin to go by the governor’s mansion. GW Bush was still residing there. It was exciting to be milling around with all the major news organizations that had tents set up, waiting for any useful soundbite. We were told that GW Bush would come out every so often and talk to the news folks. We did not see him when we were there, though.
    I LOVE Austin. Absolutely love the place Too bad it's in Texas! And so expensive. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I do remember the Bush/Gore fiasco and hanging chads. I wonder what will happen this time.around - it seems almost 50/50 now. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Are you making any safety plans for the Election?
    Yes.

Thread Information