Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Travel For Travels' Sake

okay----I considered traveling to Carthage, Mo. on Saturday, but guess what?: There was YARD WORK to be done; huge Zurra-style WEEDS 6-7 feet tall that grew in a very short time, and they had to be cut down. I might add that last weekend, I took my perfessional-grade Stihl 291 next door and cut down a dead tree that was about 50-60 tall. Well, Church guys boy was concerned it might fall on the house, but I cut it so it fell in the right spot. Then, I cut 'er up, so church guys boy and HIS boy could load it up in his old pickup and move it. So, no--I ain't got the time nor inclination ta waste tim-n-money ta go all the way ta ho-woy-ya. I never get bored, here. Nope. (see photo of bored couple who sat on a plane alllll the way to ho-woy-ya, so they can see a sunken ship full of dead sailors that leaks oil) Obviously--they are VERY patri-idiotic. Yup.

wow... such excitement (NOT) ... cutting up a tree

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    wow... such excitement (NOT) ... cutting up a tree
    *MY* husband can both cut up a 40’ tree AND ALSO fly to Switzerland for an enjoyable vacation.

He can bring home the bacon and fry it up in the pan, ya know?

Yeah, well i done a WHOLE lotta stuff, besides sitting on a plane ALLLLLL the frickin' way ta the middle o' nowhere. That's fer sure. Yup. But yeah---IWAH:The Meat State. Ha. Now that's boring. That said, I can't help it if other people are Pizzing their money away on touristy stuff. Nope.
    Last edited by littlebittybobby; 10-20-24 at 11:21pm.

Bobby: Just to make you envious, I am attaching some of the more glamorous shots I took during our recent once-in-a-lifetime trip to magnificent Hatfield, MA.

hatfield worms.jpg
    passionate gardener.jpg
    empty.jpg
    hatfield little library.jpg
    hatfield water tower.jpg

All kidding aside, we did have wonderful week and it was a beautiful area and inn that I look forward to visiting again.

I travel 4-5 times a year to garden club/plant society events and meetings. These trips lack real fun, they are a blur of unremarkable hotels, boring meals, and interminable highway driving.

i really should take the time at each trip to see at least ONE thing interesting. Last year I visited the
    national Quilt Museum in Kentucky as a side trip from the main event and that was worthwhile and memorable.

Just got back from White Sands National Park, Guadalupe National Park and Carlsbad Caverns. It was wonderful! May travel in a few weeks to see fall foliage here in TX. It is only a few hours away. There are other things to do in the area too!

okay---I was looking at a y-tube video about the Centralia, Pa. underground fire. But yeah----it's been burning for 60 years, and it was necessary to vacate the town of 2000 on account of it. There are some things analogous to the Times Beach disaster, here in Zurra, and also the one that affected Picher, Oklahoma. One being that they are essentially man-man environmental disasters that destroyed small towns/villages. A point to ponder. But yeah---touristy: not. Though people usta visit centralia and graffitti-ed the road into town, until it was frilled in with dirt. <watch the video to see what I mean. But yeah---don't need to go there, now. Better to stay away. Yup.

Thread Information