Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Daily talking points

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I have always taken the position that Trump is unfit to be president. I haven’t been able to vote for a Republican for that office since Mitt Romney. What seems to trouble you is that I haven’t joined you in the leap into perfervid fascist fantasy. In your mind, that amounts to “sticking up for him”.

I don’t have to accept any alternative to Trump as a savior who has earned my unquestioning support.

I believe our constitutional order is robust enough to survive either Trump’s populist bluster or Harris’s endless pandering. I don’t think the Republic will fall either way. There is no need for the politics of panic.

I think the Reductio Ad Hitlerum argument has become so overused over the years that it’s become a sort of reflex action of lazy minds that cheapens and demeans our politics.

I don’t agree that one side’s bad faith justifies equal bad faith on the other. Nor do I accept the with-us-or-against-us mentality as worthy of a rational adult.

Despite what you seem to think, it’s possible to object to both Trump and his more hysterical detractors.
    A nicely reasoned response, even when undeserved.

okay----in re: Trump working at Mickey Dees(who need all the help they can get, btw): It got publicity, so it served its' purpose. But yeah---it's no dumber than ol' Jimmah Cahtah posing for a photo op on a habitat fo' po' fokes home contruction site. I hafta giggle when I see the elderly demmacrat icon using a saw.(see photo) Yup. Now, that's unrealistic. So yeah---let that put it in perspective. See? Hope thatt helps you kids some. Thankk Mee.Screenshot (1).jpg

.l..post deleted…

Never mind, I was WRONG (thank god.)

Sometimes it happens.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 10-25-24 at 8:01pm.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    You keep saying that, but just because I don’t buy into your overwrought rhetoric doesn’t mean I’m defending the man.
    You CONSTANTLY defend him. Obviously, you have a blind spot.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    the disconnect between your interpretation of words and my interpretation is extreme.

You CONSTANTLY defend him.
    Am I missing something? I don't recall LDAHL ever defending Trump. Perhaps it's his reluctance to spew vitriol against all the "right" people that makes you think so?

Obviously, you have a blind spot.
    If I were to approach you from your right, would you see me?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Obviously, you have a blind spot.
    That must be where all those Nazis are hiding.

To be fair ldahl doesn’t actually defend him. He just states that he believes that NO MATTER WHAT our constitutional form of government will survive just fine regardless of who is president. It’s an absurd belief but he’s stuck with it as one of his core beliefs for as long as he’s been posting here.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    To be fair ldahl doesn’t actually defend him. He just states that he believes that NO MATTER WHAT our constitutional form of government will survive just fine regardless of who is president. It’s an absurd belief but he’s stuck with it as one of his core beliefs for as long as he’s been posting here.

I take to mean he condones the actions since he states it will not matter… that in itself is defending IMO.

Thread Information