Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannibis

Cannibis

Cannabis of all types is legal in Missouri. In my tiny town that seems to have all the services I need, we also had a cannabis shop. It is recently closed due to lack of business, but that was pretty amazing to have it right here in town.

so, I went to the store and bought quite a lot of it, some to take to my cousin in another state where I illegally transported it across state lines. I bought Another batch because I wanted to try some for sleeping.

I don’t have terrible trouble sleeping but I thought 2 MG’s to sleep, that might be a good thing.

Before taking the sleeping aid I tried the “fun “aspect and it was way too much. Oh my God, I didn’t calculate carefully. I was basically dizzy for three hours, and then I vomited. That was not fun.

and then I was reading up on dependency of it as a sleep aid and I’ve decided not to use it as a sleep aid. Like I said, I don’t have super trouble sleeping. Why introduce drugs when it’s not necessary?

anyone want to chime in about their experiences?

I never liked smoking pot, even back in the 60s. DH used to smoke a bit but not a lot. But in 2019 he got a medical marijuana card in the State of NJ and then in VT. Then of course, it became legal for adults in both states.

He has a high tolerance, and the medical marijuana stuff is supposedly very heavy-duty. About 4 years ago, we were around a fire pit with my neighbors, who do smoke recreationally. DH offered Terry (not her real name) a cookie, and apparently she was rendered absolutely so stoned she couldn't even walk or talk. It freaked her out completely. She will never accept an edible from DH again!

So, here is my story, which is related. This was last winter when DH was volunteering for the Salvation Army kettle drive in town. I was alone watching my then-2 year old grandson. I was tidying up and I saw about an eighth of a chocolate cookie up on the kitchen shelf and I ate it. About 20 minutes later I started feeling very strange. I thought I was having a heart attack or cerebral event of some kind. My legs were like jelly. I was panicking because while I was lucid enough to continue to be aware of my grandson, I did not feel capable of picking him up. I tried calling DH but he had his phone off. I had my hand on my phone, ready to call my neighbor over to watch our grandson and then call 911. I really thought there was something wrong with me.

I finally reached DH and told him to come home immediately. He did.. I went to bed but even when I awoke in the middle of the night I still was not completely me. I told DH that I suspect that cookie was his pot cookie, but he denied it because he's usually super careful of keeping any marijuana in any form stored properly, especially since we have kids around sometimes. But if that wasn't pot, what was it??

So that's my story. I've sworn off any thoughts of maybe imbibing now and then. I'll stick with wine.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

oh well back in my wayward youth I did like my weed. But God that was 50 years ago.

tonight I am enjoying a half glass of wine as my number two glass for the evening. It makes me very happy. Red wine is lovely.

okay----as you kids know, I take a break and get out of the house for a hour or two by going upta the intersection on the designated "
    Cruise night", once a month. But no, I don't "cruise" , I just take my little kids school chair and sit n watch from the parkin' lot. There are quite a few spectators and also participants in vehicles who pull into the lot & sit n' watch and wander around. There is very little rubbish and trash, and I have yet to see anyone consuming alcohol, or empties on the ground. The people are not boisterous, even though they do some "display of power" or "reckless & imprudent driving", as the fogey faction waaaaay up in the Meat State likes to call it. But yeah----there is the odor of that legalized Zurra Wacky Weed drifting around the lot. It may be that killer devil weed has a sedative effect that is beneficial. That being said, news articles of individuals running amuck and committing senseless crimes here tend seem to be related to overuse of alcohol and methamphetamine. Hope that helps you some. Thankk mee.

I don’t even drink. I like to keep my wits about me. So I won’t be trying pot. In any case, I hate how it smells. Bad enough when my neighbors smoke it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I don’t even drink. I like to keep my wits about me. So I won’t be trying pot. In any case, I hate how it smells. Bad enough when my neighbors smoke it.
    Edibles. That’s what I have in the freezer.

i’m hearing reports of the big downtown loft buildings smelling of Skunky weed.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Edibles. That’s what I have in the freezer.

i’m hearing reports of the big downtown loft buildings smelling of Skunky weed.
    I won’t be goin anywhere near edibles, either.

One of the biggest mistakes with marijuana legalization was making edibles look and taste like little candies or baked goods and putting multiple doses into one candy bar or cookie. It's a mystery to me how they got away with such a dumb thing. Other than that I don't see it having any more public safety issues than alcohol, and besides some homeless people I seldom see it in use in public places.

I have consumed a six pack or so of beer weekly but am taking a break this month and maybe through the holidays. I used to home brew and find the flavor of beer quite satisfying and especially thirst quenching in the warm months. I got sick the first time I drank whiskey. I suppose a person has to establish their tolerance for such things. I like the warming effect of whiskeys, but poor tolerance.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    One of the biggest mistakes with marijuana legalization was making edibles look and taste like little candies or baked goods and putting multiple doses into one candy bar or cookie. It's a mystery to me how they got away with such a dumb thing. Other than that I don't see it having any more public safety issues than alcohol, and besides some homeless people I seldom see it in use in public places.

I have consumed a six pack or so of beer weekly but am taking a break this month and maybe through the holidays. I used to home brew and find the flavor of beer quite satisfying and especially thirst quenching in the warm months. I got sick the first time I drank whiskey. I suppose a person has to establish their tolerance for such things. I like the warming effect of whiskeys, but poor tolerance.
    The problem with pot is that there isn’t a breathalyzer for it, unlike alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    The problem with pot is that there isn’t a breathalyzer for it, unlike alcohol.
    Yup, there's that. I couldn't count how many bars are within a five mile radius of my house. I have suspected maybe 80 percent of the patrons without a designated driver leave a bar legally impaired? At least pot users tend to stay home and watch Netflix and eat chips.

The biggest problem with pot is teenage users who are demotivated and/or causing long term brain impairment. Of course it is illegal for them to have or use pot if they are under age.

There's no free ride because people tend not to use such things responsibly.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Thread Information