Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: Please explain this to me

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    You mention the AMG, and I think that’s the one I saw in a parking lot that made me want it.
    AMG's are basically customized, high performance versions of otherwise stock Mercedes models. It's a mystery to me how AMG's model names relate to the Mercedes models they're based upon.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Excellent explanation.

Now explain to me how they come up with drug names. They seem to be completely randomized collections of letters to me.

I don’t know about drugs, but please explain to me why this appliance manufacturer chose THIS unsavory name:

Smeg

all I can think of is the —ma version.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I don’t know about drugs, but please explain to me why this appliance manufacturer chose THIS unsavory name:

Smeg

all I can think of is the —ma version.
    Reminds me of that old SNL sketch: “With a name like Nosehair, it has to be good “.

IrisLily maybe you can help me? I have an Apple SE phone as well. I recently changed something (and foolishly did not write it down) and now my texts will not ping. I may have to resort to YouTube to figure it out??

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    IrisLily maybe you can help me? I have an Apple SE phone as well. I recently changed something (and foolishly did not write it down) and now my texts will not ping. I may have to resort to YouTube to figure it out??
    , I’m the last one to ask for tech help especially for our phone because I hate my phone.

But what do you mean by it doesn’t ping?

I had a problem where my texts went through only to Apple users. If they were not Apple users, they did not get my text. Is that the problem you’re having?

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    now my texts will not ping.
    If you mean that your phone will no longer alert you with an audible tone when you receive a text, go to Settings-Notifications-Messages, tap Sounds and choose which alert tone you prefer. You may have accidentally set it to None.
    If that's not what you mean please explain and we'll figure it out for you.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    If you mean that your phone will no longer alert you with an audible tone when you receive a text, go to Settings-Notifications-Messages, tap Sounds and choose which alert tone you prefer. You may have accidentally set it to None.
    If that's not what you mean please explain and we'll figure it out for you.
    Wow! You are good Alan! Evidently I turned off notifications. Thank you!

Thread Information