Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannibis

The first couple years it was legal here in Washington, I responded to lots of 911 calls, primarily from tourists, who had panicked because they had “overdosed”, usually on edibles. None had any significant medical issues, they were just stoned out of their gourds and highly anxious about it.

I was a regular consumer when I was younger and gave it up at about age 25, because I realized that I just didn't really like the way it made me feel, plus it was getting quite expensive.
    DH is a regular daily user and has been since his teen years. He has his medical card. He's been shifting a bit more to edibles and vaping because the smoking is taking it's toll on his lungs. We both quit cigarettes almost 13 years ago. I never cough and choke or struggle to breathe, but it's a different story for him because he is still smoking even if not tobacco. Interestingly, I score worse than him on pulmonary function tests, but I feel much better subjectively. I would like to see him switch completely to edibles (if he needs to keep using the stuff), but thus far, he's not willing to do that. He does have a lot of chronic pain going on, so I suppose the cannabis is better than some other options.
    I take a 5 mg gummy to help with sleeping.
    Catherine, I had a similar experience with a brownie. His sister made a batch and gave some to him. I did not realize they were "special," and I ate one. I commented to DH that it tasted pretty awful, especially given that SIL is a good cook. He was incredulous that I had eaten one. It hit me pretty quickly and it was a crappy feeling, like I was very drunk. I went and sort of napped for an hour two, and then I was fine. It was a really horrible feeling when I realized I had ingested something I didn't want to ingest, and there wasn't really much I could do except ride it out. I felt somehow violated.
    IL, that's interesting that the dispensary in your area closed due to lack of business. They are popping up like mushrooms around here, and I've yet to hear of one closing.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    The first couple years it was legal here in Washington, I responded to lots of 911 calls, primarily from tourists, who had panicked because they had “overdosed”, usually on edibles. None had any significant medical issues, they were just stoned out of their gourds and highly anxious about it.
    that would have been me, had DH not come home in time and had I called 911.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information