Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: October Frugals

Not frugal, but a purchase - went a got a new laptop. Decent price and includes Word, etc., so I'm happy. Haven't taken it out of the box yet, though. LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I’d have that thing open as soon as I got it home. LOL.

Nice, Happystuff! I hope it serves you well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I’d have that thing open as soon as I got it home. LOL.
    LOL. I don't know why, but I always delay opening new tech stuff. I enjoy it all, but that initial opening... I don't know. Okay - I'm weird. ROFLOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Nice, Happystuff! I hope it serves you well.
    Thanks, rr. I hope so as well. Just realized I haven't gotten myself a new computer in over 10 years! The one that I'm replacing used to belong to one of my kids.

I was a bit short on Christmas cards this year. Asked if anyone on local Buy Nothing group had any cards and I got more than enough!

Okay, reporting that I returned the laptop. Turns out some of the issues with the old, repaired laptop are not the laptop, as the same things were occurring on the new one. The old one really is doing fine now, so I couldn't justify the couple hundred dollars to replace something that was still working. I'm okay with the whole process and ended up with a renewed sense of satisfaction with the old computer. Clicking away on it now.

I was a bit short on Christmas cards this year. Asked if anyone on local Buy Nothing group had any cards and I got more than enough!
    Nice! Sometimes all it takes is to put the word out there and people do respond!

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Okay, reporting that I returned the laptop. Turns out some of the issues with the old, repaired laptop are not the laptop, as the same things were occurring on the new one. The old one really is doing fine now, so I couldn't justify the couple hundred dollars to replace something that was still working. I'm okay with the whole process and ended up with a renewed sense of satisfaction with the old computer. Clicking away on it now.
    Do you have all your files backed up in the cloud or on a separate hard drive?

Do you have all your files backed up in the cloud or on a separate hard drive?
    last year when I was moving all of my files to an apple environment, I read the ultimate guide to file maintenance.

That author wants files backed up on a hard drive separate feom computer. He says cloud storage exists for the purpose of accessing files from anywhere using any of our devices. But data storage is not the purpose of the cloud.

I take that semi seriously although I don’t have An external hard drive. I put important files on a thumb drive, but I only copy them periodically not with every update.

Thread Information