Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Venmo

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I think you’re thinking of Zelle. Venmo works with anything, like PayPal. In fact, they’re competitors.
    Probably.
    Had people try to use it at the restaurant, which we are only cash and check.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I use Venmo. I don't carry much cash and I find that for things like the farmer's market it comes in handy.

Now our every petty cash purchase has to be public?
    Uhm, you said you don't carry much cash, why would a cash purchase be public?

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Probably.
    Had people try to use it at the restaurant, which we are only cash and check.

Uhm, you said you don't carry much cash, why would a cash purchase be public?
    Well, I don't carry cash (the green stuff). I consider Venmo to be "cash" because it's almost like a cash surrogate. But I should have just said "purchase," not "cash purchase.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I use Venmo occasionally. I did have some trepidation about tying it to my checking account. There is an option to tie it to a credit card instead, but then there is a fee for every transaction. I totally don't get the appeal of the public/social media aspect and do not have my settings on the public option.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I use Venmo occasionally. I did have some trepidation about tying it to my checking account. There is an option to tie it to a credit card instead, but then there is a fee for every transaction. I totally don't get the appeal of the public/social media aspect and do not have my settings on the public option.
    Rosa, I didn’t know there was an option to tie a Venmo account to my credit card. Even if it’s a fee, I would consider doing that because every once in a while a seller takes Venmo and only Venmo.

I tie PayPal to my checking account. Venmo and Cash App are debit card. Apple Cash only has debit card option.

I have Paypal, but only use it via the laptop - no money related apps on my phone at all. Some small purchases are cash, but most are on my cc which earns cashback.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information