Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: The balance between paying down debt and savings

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Savings at $5K now so I’ll be aggressive with debt repayment again.
    That's excellent!

Dave Ramsey did a really interesting about 2 hour interview with Tucker Carlson a few days ago. Forget about the politics crap, this was really good. DR talked about Americans being debt slaves, etc. You can find it on Apple Podcasts or here is the YT video.

https://youtu.be/KwZG7QlfVe8

Dave Ramsey did a really interesting about 2 hour interview with Tucker Carlson a few days ago. Forget about the politics crap, this was really good. DR talked about Americans being debt slaves, etc. You can find it on Apple Podcasts or here is the YT video.

https://youtu.be/KwZG7QlfVe8

I will listen to that. Dave has been doing interviews recently. He did his Trumpy interview. He did an interview with Ben Shapiro. Ramsey’s operation and Shapiro‘s operation both work out of the Nashville area. In fact, had I known that when I went to Franklin, Kentucky (where the Ramsey studio is) last year I would’ve stayed over a day to be in their studio audience,

Most people are not gonna believe this when I say that I didn’t know what Tucker Carlson looks like until he left Fox.

See, I never watch news TV. Now that Carlson is off Fox he does podcasts and interviews and etc., and those are showing up on my YouTube feed, not I’ve listened to any of his stuff.

Don’t know about the Trump or Shapiro interviews. Will have to look for those.

Cancelled my Apple credit card. No balance. Want using it anyway. Don’t care about the hit credit score will take. I still have the Chase card I’ve had for ages.

Cancelled my Apple credit card. No balance. Want using it anyway. Don’t care about the hit credit score will take. I still have the Chase card I’ve had for ages.
    I have two credit cards - period. Don't need or want any others. I really like keeping my finances simple. Hope it carries over to retirement.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I just said eff it and threw $3900 from savings onto cc. I hope to have it paid off by end of year.

Way to go!!

That's wonderful, Tradd!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Good jon, Tradd.

Thread Information